Although any torrent application is when once initialized it generates a port number automatically and it automatically assigns that port number to that application which is helpful in downloading any data from the Internet at the optimum speed. Moreover every time a port number is generated by the application it is unique and therefore no conflicts occur while using that port number. However, there can be a case that the application you are using has generated a random port number automatically but the same port number has been manually assigned by any other user who is using the very same application. When this is the case the downloading is highly effected and in most cases users are not able to understand what the main reason behind the reduced performance is. When this is the case users can force torrent application to generate another port number automatically. As a BitComet user in Windows 7 if you want to force the application to generate a new port number automatically you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Logon to Windows 7 computer on which BitComet torrent application is successfully installed.
- Double click on its icon to initialize the application and get its interface.
- Click on Tools menu and from the appeared list click on Options option.
- Make sure that you are on Connection option on the left pane and from the right pane under Listen Port category click on Choose Random Portbutton to generate new port number.
- Once you are convinced with the changes you have made to the application click on Ok button to save the changes that you have made.