If you are using Facebook it is expected that you might have several friends added in your friends list and they might be fond of visiting several new places every now and then. Many of your friends might also have configured their accounts so that any place they visit is viewed to all their friends so that their friends can locate them whenever they want. Moreover, there might also be times when your friend, who have visited a place and checked-in, might want you to look at the place as well as it might be of your interest. Keeping this in mind Facebook allows users to tag as many friends as they want at the Places where they have checked-in. As a friend of such user if you are tagged in any place you receive a notification via e-mail and a simultaneous notification is also flashed on the webpage. However if you want you can disable e-mail notifications for such activities and to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Logon to your Facebook account by providing appropriate credentials.
- Click on the triangle available at top right corner of the page that has settings symbol.
- From the list of options click on Account Settings.
- From the opened page in the left pane click on Notifications.
- From the right pane under All Notifications category click on Places.
- From the expanded list uncheck the checkbox in front of Tags you at a place and click on Save Changes button to save the changes.