While using Facebook user account it is expected that you will send and receive several friend requesta so that you can increase your social network. When you send a friend request to any Facebook user he receives a notification about it. In the same way when he accepts your friend request a notification is flashed on Facebook page so that you can be informed about the confirmation. Simultaneously a notification e-mail is also sent to the e-mail account associated with your Facebook account as well. This e-mail notification is not at all necessary in many cases until and unless you need these notification e-mails for any official documentation or records. In the cases where the e-mail notifications are not mandatory users can disable them so that there e-mail accounts do not get overpopulated with notifications. As a Facebook user if you want to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Logon to your Facebook account by providing appropriate credentials.
- Click on the triangle available at the top right corner of the page.
- From the available list click on Account Settings.
- From the left pane of the opened page click on Notifications.
- From the right pane click on Facebook options available under All Notificationscategory.
- Uncheck the checkbox available in front of Conforms a friend requests and click on Save Changes button to make the changes permanent.