System rating is the feature which was introduced in Windows Vista for the first time and is now carried over to Windows 7. When this feature is initialized, it gathers all the performance related information of your computer according to the peripheral devices integrated with it. With the help of this information you can determine what features are required to run a specific application. System rating can be useful for game lovers and/or those who are into graphic designing, as with this they can assess if their video graphic card would support any specific game or graphic designing application like 3-D Studio Max or Maya. You can get your system rating information by following the steps given below:
- Logon to the Windows 7 computer with administrator account.
- Click on Start button.
- From the start menu right-click on Computer and from the menu click on Properties.
- On View basic information about your computer page click on System Rating link available in System frame.
- On Rate and improve your computer’s performance page click on Rate This Computer button. Note: Windows Vista users may have to accept User Account Control confirmation.
- You need to wait till the system rating feature gathers the entire information of your computer.
- Once the process is complete you can view the overall rating of your system. The overall rating is based on the least performing device attached to your machine. Also, you will get the rating of individual peripherals integrated to your computer as shown in the snapshot below.