Although Windows 7 is designed keeping in mind that the operating system will provide as much user-friendly interface as possible till date. However there are still few drawbacks in the operating system which are not much liked by the users as they sometimes hide important information and users need to struggle around to retrieve that. Same is the case with finding the exact path to any desired file or folder in Windows 7. When any file is selected or clicked, in Microsoft Windows XP its entire path was also displayed whereas in Windows 7 this feature is by default not enabled and as a Windows 7 user if you want to enable this feature you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Logon to Windows 7 computer with the account for which you want to configure the above mentioned settings.
- Open Windows Explorer and click on Organize menu.
- From the available list click on Folders and search options and on Folder Options box make sure that you are on General tab.
- Under Navigation pane section check both Show all folders and Automatically expand to current foldercheck boxes.
- Once done, click on Ok button to save the changes that you have made.