There might be times when as a user or administrators of Windows 7 you might need to know about the device drivers that are installed on the computer. The reason behind gathering this information might be that you may want to verify as which devices are available on the computer and how many of them are there without appropriate drivers. If you look around over the Internet there might be several methods to verify the devices and device drivers of computer systems but this section will allow you to verify them with the easiest possible steps. Steps involved in this process requires elevated privileges and if you have those privileges available with your account you can follow the steps given below to verify the devices and the installed drivers:
- Logon to Windows 7 computer with the account that has administrative privileges.
- Click on Start button and from the available menu right click on Computer.
- From the appeared context menu click on Manage option.
- On Computer Management snap-in click on Device Managerfrom the left pane.
- You will be displayed with the list of devices specifying the names of their own vendors in the right pane.
- Sometimes you might also be displayed with some devices with a yellow question mark (?) sign next to them which means that the drivers for the devices are not installed.
- You can explore the drivers and devices by right-clicking on them and clicking on Properties option available in the context menu.
- Once verified, you can close Computer Management snap-in.