Every user who works with any operating system installed on the computer is likely to face several problems while working. When this happens many users call their friends computer experts etc. and explain them about the problem they face. In return the experts or friends ask users to detail what they were doing when the problem occurred. Sometimes the user is able to explain but there are times when he cannot describe the things precisely. Microsoft understands this problem and therefore it has introduced Problem Steps Recorder in Windows 7 which can record the occurred problem step-by-step and save it in a single file. This recorded file has several screenshots that explain the problem in detail. You can use this tool by following the steps given below:
- Logon to your computer and click on Start button.
- At the bottom of start menu in search box type PSR.EXE and press enter key.
- Problem Steps Recorder tool will be initialized in a floating form on the desktop.
- To record the steps involved in the problem click on Start Record button present in the console.
- Once you are done with the recording click on Stop Record.
- As soon as you stop recording the application will ask for the location where you want to save the recorded file. (The file will be saved with .zip extension and the zip file will have another .mht file that can be opened in any web browser)