How to Get Back Windows 7 Desktop If Not Visible?
Posted in How-to, Windows-7
There are times when a user logs on to the computer just to find that there is no desktop screen and other icons visible on the monitor. In most cases users think that their computer system is infected with a virus and they start looking out for a technician who then charges a decent amount from them to rectify the issue. In this section you will learn how to solve this problem without any help from any expensive technician. To start with the concepts whenever you find your desktop screen missing this means that the process associated with it failed to initialize. This may happen either because of unexpected computer shut down or voltage fluctuation. In Windows 7 you can get your desktop screen back by following the steps given below:
- Logon to the computer with the user account you are facing problem.
- Right click on the taskbar and click on Start Task Manager.
- In Windows Task Manager box make sure that you are on Applications tab and click on New Task button.
- On Create New Task box type explorer.exe in the available text box and click on Ok button to get your desktop screen back on your monitor.
- Close Windows Task Manager.
You can run almost any application using the above method. However for some of them you may require elevated privileges.