There are times when you need to rush out for some urgent work while you are using your laptop PC. If this is the case the process of shutting down the laptop PC becomes quite hectic and irritating task to do. If you directly close the lid of your laptop PC Windows 7 takes it to Sleep Mode which might not be appropriate configuration for everyone. However with some added features in Windows 7 operating system you can now manage the reaction of your laptop PC when you close its lid. In order to manage the reaction of closing the lid of your laptop PC you need to follow the steps given below:
- Logon to the computer using administrator account.
- Click on Start button.
- From the start menu click on Control Panel.
- It from the opened window click on Hardware and Sound category link.
- On Devices and Printers page click on Power Options category link and on Select a power plan page in the left bar click on Choose what closing the lid does link.
- On Define power buttons and turn on password protection page choose appropriate reaction of your laptop PC when you close its lid by selecting best suitable option from the drop-down list in front of When I close the lid category.
- Click on Save Changes button to accept your configuration and close the window.