Assign IP Address to VPCS to Connect to GNS3
Posted in Cisco, How-to, Virtualization-2
After you have downloaded and extracted VPCS compressed file you are ready to configure an IP address on any of the simulation computer. This means that since VPCS supports up to 9 simulation computers every computer can be assigned a separate IP address. Configuring IP address on VPCS is very simple and since the application is precisely developed to work with GNS3 emulator the commands that VPCS accept are simple as well. VPCS does not support graphical user interface though. The only thing that you need to keep in mind while using VPCS is that you need to memories which IP address is assigned to which number of simulated PC. If you want to assign an IP address to the first simulated PC in VPCS you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the folder where you have extracted VPCS compressed file.
- From the available files in the folder double click on VPCS.exe file to initiate VPCS application.
- Wait till the prompt appears.
- By default VPCS pointer is set to 9th PC and if you want to configure first PC in VPCS type 1 at VPCS> and press enter key.
- Once done type the following command to set the IP address.
**_ip 192.168.0.3 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
Above command will configure first VPCS with the IP address 192.168.0.2 default gateway 192.168.0.1 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
Previous: Save NVRAM as Separate File in GNS3