As being a social networking site, Facebook displays all the activities of your friends on your Wall and they are named as Stories. Even your activities are also displayed on your friends’ Walls as stories and whenever any of your friend comments on any story that is displayed on your Wall you receive a notification that is flashed on Facebook webpage. Simultaneously an e-mail notification is also sent to the associated e-mail account which you have mapped with the Facebook account. Many times only flash notifications serve their purpose well and e-mail notifications are almost neglected. Keeping this in mind Facebook allows users to disable e-mail notifications feature for the comments on the stories on your Wall and as a Facebook user if you want to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Provide appropriate credentials to logon to your Facebook account.
- Click on the triangle with the symbol of settings available at top right corner of the page.
- From the expanded list click on Account Settings option.
- From the opened page in the left pane click on Notifications category.
- In the right pane under All Notifications category click on Wall Commentsoption.
- From the appeared list uncheck the checkbox in front of Comments on a story on your Wall option and finally click on Save Changes button to save the changes.