While using Facebook you also have the facility to reply to any question that any other user may have asked in Help Center. When this is the case, that is, whenever a question is asked by any Facebook user, it can be answered by any other Facebook account holder and as per the accuracy of answers, the answer is ranked accordingly. As a Facebook user if you have answered any questions in Facebook Help Center it is displayed to the person who has asked the question. If your answer is found accurate and up to the mark, in other words, the best answer, Facebook marks it as Best Answer according to its ranking and you receive a notification e-mail that your answer was marked so. As a Facebook user it is very unlikely that you would like to disable this feature of e-mail notifications about your best answer however if you still want to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Provide appropriate credentials to logon to your Facebook account.
- Click on the triangle available at top right corner of the page.
- From the available list of options click on Account Settings.
- Click on Notifications category from the opened page in the left pane.
- From the right pane under All Notifications category click on Help Center.
- From the expanded list uncheck the checkbox in front of Marks your answer as Best Answer option and click on Save Changes button to save the changes.