As a Facebook user you can disable notifications for Groups globally, that is, that you will not receive notifications from any Group and you can also disable notifications for single Group individually. However Facebook also allows users to customize the disabling of notifications so that only the notifications about the activities initiated by the users’ friends are displayed and all other notifications are disabled automatically. This feature is provided by Facebook so that users can stay connected with their friends through notifications and other activities and can maintain their privacy by avoiding the notifications about the activities initiated by others at the same time. As a Facebook user if you want to disable notifications of the activities by other users who are not your friends you can follow the steps given below:
- Provide appropriate credentials to logon to your Facebook account.
- From the left pane of the main page click on the name of the Group for which you want to disable notifications by other members.
- On the opened page from the top right corner of the page click on Notifications button.
- From the appeared list click on Settings option.
- On the opened box from the drop-down list available in front of Notify me about option choose Friends’ Posts.
- Click on Save Changes button to save the changes that you have recently made.