Although the feature of hiding drives is available in group policies and some technically sound users can hide their drives from the Windows Registry as well. However for a lay man or a user who is not technical sometimes it becomes quite hectic to learn all the technical stuff and remember the steps. Also with the group policies available in Windows 7 administrators can hide only specific drive letters. This limitation sometimes causes problems and the administrators fail to get the desired results. For this purpose there are many third-party applications available in the market which are precisely developed to ease out the tasks. With the help of WinBubbles you can hide any drive of your choice and that too with just a few simple clicks. As an administrator if you want to hide any drive in Windows 7 easily you need to follow the steps given below:
- Logon to your Windows 7 computer with administrator account and go to WinBubbles folder.
- Double click on WinBubbles.exe executable file to initiate the application.
- Once opened go to Security tab and under Hide it! section check the respective checkbox representing the drive letter.
- Click on Apply button to make the changes applicable to the computer and close WinBubbles application.
- If required restart your computer.