Managed Auto-Start Applications and Services in Windows 7
Posted in How-to, Windows-7
When you install Windows 7 on your computer and install third-party applications on it some of the applications are automatically configured to start every time the computer boots. Also there are few applications which do not get this configuration by default. When it comes to users’ personal choices some users may want some applications to get automatically initiated when the operating system starts whereas others might not want few applications to be started at all at system start-up. This configurations can be managed through registry settings or using any third-party application which makes the task quite easy for even a layman. As an administrator you can manage this using Ashampoo WinOptimizer by following the steps given below:
- Logon to your computer with the administrator account.
- On the desktop screen double click on the shortcut icon of Ashampoo WinOptimizer.
- Click on Yes button if the operating system prompts for User Account Control.
- When the application opens in the left pane click on Tuning Tools and from the right pane click on Startup Tuner.
- On the next window on Introduction tab and click on Edit autostart entries link.
- Make sure that you are on Autostart entries tab and from the available list choose the appropriate applications and their respective settings. Optionally you can navigate through other tabs available on the page to manage several different settings as per your requirements.
- Once you are done close Ashampoo WinOptimizer application and if required restart your computer to allow changes to take effect.