When Windows 7 is installed by default it is configured to apply Balanced plan which gives optimum performance as far as the display and power management of the computer is concerned. In some cases however users may want to change the default configuration according to their needs and their comforts. For example when Windows 7 is installed on a laptop PC a user may want to modify the display plan when the laptop is running on battery in order to get the optimum brightness of the screen with reduced battery consumption. When this is the case a user can follow the steps given below to create a customized power plan:
- Logon to the computer and click on Start button.
- From the start menu go to Control Panel and in the opened window click on Appearance and Personalization category link.
- On the next window click on Display category link and from the opened window in the left bar click on Adjust brightness.
- On Select of power plan page in the left bar click on Create a power plan link.
- On the next page specify a new name for your power plan and click on Next button.
- On Change settings for the plan page make appropriate changes and click on Create button.
- Close all the opened Windows.