Windows 7 offers you a feature of creating restore points that are quite helpful when your system crashes or behaves abnormally. The main function of these restore points is that it creates and stores the image of the state of your system at the time of its creation. When the system starts performing abnormally it can be restored to the created restore point in order to get exactly the same configuration and settings which were present at the time of creation of restore point.
In order to create a restore point below steps should be followed:
- Click on "Start" button.
- From the menu right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties".
- From the "System" window in the left pane select "System Protection".
- In the "System" properties box ensure that you are on "System Protection" tab.
- To create a restore point click on "Create" button.
- in the "Create a Restore Point" box enter the description for your restore point. (Eg. Restore Point on Dec 12 2011)
- Finally click on "Create" button to start the process of creation of restore point.