How to jailbreak your PS3 using an Android phone in 10 steps
Posted in Hardware, Linux, Software
Thanks to the guys from PS3-Hacks you can now jailbreak your PS3 using an Android phone. The guys from ps3-hacks accomplished this using N1 running CM6 or with Desire (Bravo) running OpenDesire 4.0.4. Everything is done in 10 easy steps. Don't forget that you phone should be rooted before starting following the steps.
- Download the package and extract it.
- Extract N1-CM6-PSFreedom.tar.gz and copy the contents to your SD card.
- Copy PS3-signed.zip and PS3-No-More-signed.zip to your SD card.
- Reboot into the recovery console.
- Install/flash PS3-signed.zip.
- Reboot your phone.
- Use ConnectBot or any terminal app and type:
- cd /mnt/sdcard
- insmod psfreedom.ko
- Kill the power to your PS3 and connect your phone via USB. ForPS3 Fat you will have to switch on the back and for PS3 Slim you must unplug it from the wall.
- Power on the PS3 console and press the PS3 power button followed by the eject button in quick succession.
- Your PS3 is now hacked! You’ll see “Install Package Files” under GAME on the XMB.
If you want to undo the changes made to your phone just boot back to recovery and flash PS3-No-More-signed.zip.
Warning! Jailbreaking your PS3 you risk losing the ability to play games online. Sony has the ability to block your entire console from even signing into the PSN.
Known bugs: The procedure will disable wi-fi and the mass storage untill the original boot.img is flashed back.