In Windows Internet Explorer trusted sites are the URL addresses that are considered to be safe. Whenever any URL address is added to Trusted Sites category in Windows Internet Explorer it assumes that the site is harmless to the computer and thus it allows the communication between the site and your computer unrestrictedly which results surfing of those sites smooth and fast. However it is always recommended that you should properly check the site before adding it to the Trusted Sites category. Once you have checked this site really and are confident that the site won't harm your system by any means you can add it to the Trusted Sites category by following the steps given below:
- Logon to the computer.
- Click on Start button.
- From the start menu go to All Programs and from the opened list click on Internet Explorer.
- On the Internet Explorer click on Tools menu and from the drop-down menu click on Internet Options.
- On Internet Options box go to Security tab and select Trusted sites.
- Click on Sites button.
- On the opened box in Add this website to the zone text box type the URL of the site you want to add in the Trusted Sites zone and click on Add button.
- Once done click on Ok button on all opened boxes to accept and confirm your configuration.
Only sites having https:// prefix can be added in Trusted site zone.