Sometimes you might want to restrict games in Windows 7 so that your kids do not get distracted from their studies. Also at the same time you would also like to allow them to play some games when they are done and have some free time. Otherwise if your Windows 7 computer is used in an office you would not want your employees to play games during office hours. Using below steps you will be able to enable or disable Windows 7 built-in games at your ease. Along with this you will also be able to select which games you want users to play on a particular computer hence disabling rest of them.
- Click on Start button.
- From the menu click Control Panel.
- Click on Programs category link.
- On the next page under Programs and Features category click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- In Windows Features box uncheck Games checkbox. This will remove all Windows 7 built-in games from your computer. Alternatively you can expand Games tree by clicking on + (plus sign) next to it to view and check/uncheck each game individually.
- Once you have done appropriate modifications you can click on Ok button to accept and confirm your changes.
Note: This process will remove or add built-in Windows 7 games only. If you want to disable other games you need to configure AppLocker or/and Parental Control features offered by Windows 7.