Posted in Online-services
First it was Myspace mania. Now everybody has an account on Facebook. But one of the biggest problems with Facebook was from the the privacy settings. Now i will show you how to secure your Facebook account and how you can make it more private. Do begin go to Account->Privacy Settings. From here choose Basic Directory Information.
Here you have 7 categories:
1. Search for me on Facebook. If you made your Afcebook account only for your closest friends choose Friends Only. If you made your account for socialising you should choose Everyone.
2. Send me friend requests. This setting is perfect if you want to choose your friends. This way you won't be bothered by strangers.
3. Send me messages. I recommend to let this setting to Everyone. This way you can see first who wants to add you as a friend.
4. See my friend list. You have to choose from Everyone Friends of Friends Friends Only but you can also customize it. I chose Make this visible to Me :) ou can also hide your friend list from a few persons.
5. See my education and work. This is great if you want to be found by your ex high school friends or friends from your former jobs.
6. See my current city and hometown. No privacy issue here.
7. See my interests and other Pages. You can set it to Everyone if you want to socialize. If you didn't even bother to complete this data set it to Make it visible to Me.
Next you will have to chose what personal data you want to share things like: Posts by me Family Relationships Interested in and looking for Bio and favorite quotations and more. You can also choose if you want to share things that others share.
Be careful at the next settings. Don't make public your phone number address IM screen name or your email address. Not even to your friends. Choose Customise and afterthat Make this visible to Me.