Remote Assistance is the feature using which if a person gets stuck with something while working on the computer he can invite someone who is more knowledgeableÂ than him to help him out remotely. However unlike Remote Desktop Remote Assistance uses the credentials of the user who has invited a person for help. You can invite any one for help using an invitation file which can be created by following the steps below:
- Click on Start button.
- At the bottom of start menu in search box type Windows Remote Assistance and press enter.
- In the opened page click on Invite someone you trust to help you.
- In the next page click on Save this invitation as a file and browse for the location where you want to save the invitation file.
- Specify the name of the invitation file and click on Save button.
- Your invitation file will be saved and you will be prompted with a box displaying a unique password that you need to provide your helper so that he may enter your computer to assist you with your work.
Once the invitation file is created you can send this invitation file to your helper through mail or through network share. In either case whenever your helper will double click the file he will be prompted for the password. As he will enter the password a remote assistance session will be started and both you and your helper will be able to see a common desktop and will also be able to text chat with each other to resolve the issue.