In medium to large scale organizations where there are several computers connected to a LAN there might be times when administrators may want to install Windows operating systems on every computer at the same time. First option that administrators have to accomplish the task is that they can install the operating systems on every computer individually by using the installation DVD discs. However the best solution for such scenario is to install and configure Windows Deployment Services or WDS which will automate the process of operating systems installation and is also capable of installing Windows on several computers in a single go. As an administrator of Windows server 2008 domain infrastructure if you want to install WDS you are required to follow the steps given below:
1. Logon to Windows server 2008 domain controller and make sure that DHCP and DNS servers are properly installed and configured in the network.
2. Click on Start button and from the available menu click on Server Manager.
3. On the opened window click on Roles from the left pane and from the right pane click on Add Roles link.
4. On Before You Begin page click on Next button and from the next page click on Next button as well.
5. On Select Role Services page leave everything as default and click on Next button.
6. On Confirm Installation Selections page click on Install button to start the installation.
7. If required restart the computer to allow the changes to take effect.