There are several hidden features Windows 7 operating system which are not yet explored by many users. For example many users don't know that a Windows 7 computer can speak whatever is displayed on the screen. This feature when enabled can be used a) to make using Windows 7 computer easier for physically challenged people and/or b) for fun. A Windows 7 computer has a built-in narrator that is turned on to enable the audio. Users however need speakers to enjoy this facility. As a Windows 7 user you can enable narrator by following the steps given below:
- Logon to the Windows 7 computer with the user account on which you want to turn on the narrator.
- Right click anywhere on the desktop and from the opened menu point to Personalize and click on it.
- On the opened page at the bottom right corner click on Ease of Access Centre link.
- On the next window click on Use the computer without a display link.
- On the appeared window under Hear text read aloud section check Turn on Narrator checkbox.
- Once done click on Apply button to test the configuration.
- When satisfied with the settings finally click on Ok button to make the settings persistent.