Since Yahoo! Messenger chat application can also be used to communicate with added contacts on voice, users can also set different ringtones for different contacts so that they can recognize as which contact is trying to initiate a voice call. Although there are few ringtones which are by default installed along with the application, users can also add the files of their own choices if they want to make a ringtone unique. This feature is not mandatory in many cases but for home users it can be a real fun. It requires some additional tasks to be performed which might sometimes be tedious for the users. Whatsoever the case is, if as a Yahoo! Messenger chat user you want to assign a separate ringtone for any contact you can follow the steps provided as below:
- Provide appropriate credentials in Yahoo! Messenger application to logon.
- On the main interface right click on the name of the contact for which you want to specify a ringtone.
- From the appeared menu go to More Actions.
- From the appeared submenu go to Ringtones.
- You will be displayed with another submenu displaying a list of all the available ringtones from which you can select any one to assign it to the selected contact.