Because BitComet is a versatile application that provides several sophisticated features, specifying different folders for different types of files is yet another feature that is offered by the application. With the help of this feature users can specify which file type will be downloaded and saved in which folder. For example users can specify that all the video files which are downloaded using the application will be saved in D:VideoFiles folder whereas all the audio files will be saved in D:AudioFiles. This feature is provided in the application so that users may not find difficulties while segregating the file types after successful completion of the download process. As a BitComet users in Windows 7 if you want to specify different folders for different file types you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Double-click on the icon of BitComet available on the desktop after logging on to Windows 7 computer.
- Once the instance of the application is started go to Tools menu and from the list click on Options.
- From the left pane on the opened box click on Task Tags under Directories category.
- From the right pane click on the file type for which you want to specify folder under Tags column heading and then click on Set Folder button.
- On the appeared box browse for the location where you want to save the selected file type and then click on Ok button on all the opened boxes and Windows to save the changes.