Since Yahoo! Messenger chat application is designed and developed keeping in mind security and privacy of the users, the interface allows users to stay invisible to other contacts in the messenger list in case they want to. However there might be times when users may want to show themselves online to some contact and stay hidden for others at the same time. When this is the case of Yahoo! Messenger provides a unique feature using which users can select as to which contacts they want to appear online. As a result of this a user is available online only to the selected contacts and no one else. As Yahoo! Messenger application user in Windows 7 if you want to become online for a selected contact you can follow the steps given below:
- Provide appropriate credentials in Yahoo! Messenger application interface to logon.
- Make sure that you are invisible for everyone in the messenger list.
- Right click on the name of the contact to which you want to become visible and online.
- From the context menu go to Is Stealth Settings.
- From the appeared submenu click on Appear Online to <name of the selected contact>.
- You can repeat the process to undo the changes.