Keeping users’ complete security and privacy in mind Yahoo! Messenger chat application provides several unique features which are not offered by any other messaging application developed by any vendor around the globe. An example of this is a unique feature that allows users to stay permanently invisible for a particular contact. This feature is quite helpful when the user does not want to delete any added contact from the messenger list but still he does not want that contact to see when the user comes online. Configuration of this feature is very simple and straightforward and no technical qualifications are required to complete the task. As a Yahoo! Messenger chat application user in Windows 7 if you want to stay permanently offline to any contact you can follow the steps given below:
- Provide appropriate credentials in Yahoo! Messenger interface in order to logon to the application.
- Right click on the name of the contact for which you want to stay permanently offline.
- From the appeared context menu go to Stealth Settings.
- From the appeared submenu click on Appear Permanently Offline to <name of the selected contact>
- You can reverse the process by following the steps mentioned above.