How to Add a Program in Windows Firewall Exception List to Allow it to Communicate with Internet in Windows 7?
Posted in How-to, Windows-7
When a program is installed on a Windows 7 computer Windows firewall exception rule is automatically created for it. Windows firewall exception list is a list of programs which can pass through Windows Firewall without any restrictions. This means that whenever a computer is connected to the Internet programs listed in the exception list of Windows firewall can send or receive data from other computers unrestrictedly. Since the process is automated administrators need not to configure such settings manually. However if because of any reason Windows firewall fails to create an exception rule for any program administrators can do so manually by following the steps given below:
- Logon to the computer using administrator account.
- Click on Start button.
- From the start menu go to Control Panel and from the opened window click on System and Security category link.
- On next page click on Windows Firewall category link and on next page from the left bar click on Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall link.
- On Allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall page click on Allow another program button.
- On Add a Program box browse through and locate the program that you want to allow to communicate through Windows Firewall.
- Once done click on Add button and back on previous page click on Ok button to accept and confirm your configuration.
- Close all opened Windows.
Previous: Speed Dial
Next: How to Enable or Disable Windows Firewall in Windows 7?