When you are working with Virtual PC you have lots of flexibilities which you do not get while working on physical computer. An example can be Close button. While running guest operating system in a virtual machine, if because of any reason you need to close virtual machine instantaneously while you are in the middle of some complex configuration you can click on Close button in response to which you will be prompted with a drop-down list box having three options namely:
- Shut Down: Which means that guest operating system will shut down normally.
- Turn Off: Means that the guest operating system will instantaneously turn off as if you have directly unplugged a running PC.
- Save State: This means that Virtual PC will save the current state and will shut down. This process is similar to Hibernate feature available in any operating system.
You can manage this feature even more granularly by following the steps given below:
- In the Virtual PC Console box select the virtual machine for which you want to configure Close button and click on Settings.
- On the Settings window in the left pane select Close.
- In the right pane make sure that Show message with these options at close: radio button is selected.
- From the three check boxes select the features that you want while closing this virtual machine and uncheck those which you donât want. Alternatively you can set the default nature of Close button by selecting Automatically close without a message and: radio button and selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down list as per your requirements.