Posted in Windows-7
There are many ways to "remember" your administrator password. You can use different programs (such as Kon-boot tool the Trinity Rescue Kit and more) or you can use the following trick. This trick uses the Sticky Keys application. We will replece this application. If you want this trick to work you will need a Windows PE USB or a Windows RE disk. Remember using this trick you will loose any credentials stored in theÂ Windows Vault or Internet Explorer passwords and any information ncrypted with the Encrypting File System (EFS).
Just folow the following steps and everything will be ok:
- Boot from Windows PE/RE and start the command prompt
- Use the following command to create a copy of the Stick Keys application: copy c:/windows/system32/sethc.exe c:/ (where c is the drive letter where your OS is installed)
- The next command will replace the Sticky Keys application with command prompt: copy /y c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe c:/windows/system32/sethc.exe
- Reboot your computer and when you see the log-on screen and press Shift key five times.
- Now you will see a command prompt window. Here you will use the following command: net userÂ you_user_name new_password
- That's it. Now you can use your new password to log in.
- Don't forget to restore the Sticky Keys application: Â copy /y c:/sethc.exe c:/windows/system32/sethc.exe.