How to Restrict Windows Games for any User in Windows 7?
Posted in How-to, Windows-7
Disabling or removing games from Windows 7 computer will prevent all users from playing them. However there might be cases when you want to allow any person to play a game and restrict the same game for another person at the same time. When this is the case you can configure Parental Control feature to get desired results. By following the steps given below you will be able to configure Parental Control to restrict a user from playing games:
- Click on Start button.
- From the start menu click on Control Panel.
- In the opened window under User Accounts and Family Safety category click on Setup parental controls for any user link.
- On the next page click on the user account on which you want to apply restriction. Alternatively you can create a new user account by clicking on Create a new user account link on the same page.
- On the appeared page under Parental Controls category select On enforce current settings radio button.
- Under Windows Setting category click on Games link.
- In the opened page under Block (or Allow) any game on your computer by name category click on Block or Allow specific games link.
- On the next page select the radio button under Always block column for the game that you want to restrict from this user. You can see the status of that game change to Can not play instantaneously.
- Click on Ok button on all the windows to accept and confirm your selection and close Control Panel. If necessary restart your computer.