How to Update Device Drivers in Windows 7?
Posted in How-to, Windows-7
Although every device ships along with its driver installation disk that contains latest version of drivers which are required by the device to function efficiently. As the time passes by new drivers are introduced in the market. In these cases it becomes essential for an administrator of a computer to update the device drivers to make it compatible with the latest version of operating systems and smooth functionality of the device. There are many other tools available in the market that can be used to automate driver updating process but they are only feasible when purchased for production environments. Home users can follow the steps given below to update the drivers manually:
- Logon to the computer with administrator account.
- Click on Start button and from the menu right click on Computer.
- From the appeared menu click on Manage.
- On Computer Management snap-in in the left pane click on Device Manager and from the right pane expand the category of the device you want to update.
- From the expanded list of devices right click on the device and from the menu click on Update Driver Software.
- On the opened window click on Search automatically for updated drivers software option and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. (In case you have already downloaded the latest driver on the local hard disk you can choose Browse my computer for driver software option).
- Once completed restart your computer so that the changes may take effect.