Posted in Software
Group Policy Management Console or GPMC is a freeware application that is precisely designed to work on Windows XP service Pack 1 or Windows server 2003. In most cases administrators prefer installing this management console on Windows server 2003 to manage group policies from a single point. Group policies are otherwise managed by going to the properties of every organizational unit or domain individually. In other words Group Policy Management Console brings all group policy objects under a single roof in order to allow administrators manage them centrally. However in Windows server 2008 GPMC is a built in feature and administrators need not to download it from the website.
- The application is product of Microsoft itself and therefore it gets tightly integrated with the mentioned operating systems in order to provide most efficient performance.
- New group policy objects can be created and linked right from the console hence saving loads of administratorsâ€™ time.
- Group policy objects can be enabled or disabled as per the requirements and for testing purposes using the console.
- When installed on Windows XP service Pack 1 or above client operating systems Group Policy Management Console can be used to remotely manage Windows server 2003 domain controllers.
- Since Windows server 2003 is not shipped along with GPMC administrators need to manually download the software from the Microsoft's official website.