Whenever BitComet application is installed on a Windows 7 computer an IE extension is also installed on the computer which tightly integrates itself with the Internet Explorer that is automatically installed along with the installation of Windows 7 operating system. This extension allows Internet Explorer to download any file from the Internet using BitComet torrent client application as the default downloading tool. Since torrent client applications are mostly free of cost this automatic configuration is not at all harmful for the users. However in some cases when any other third-party downloading tool has been purchased by the users they may want to uninstall IE extension from the computer systems so that BitComet can no more integrated itself with Internet Explorer. As a BitComet user in Windows 7 if you want to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Logon to Windows 7 computer on which BitComet torrent client application is installed.
- Initiate the application by double-clicking on its icon available on the desktop.
- Click on Tools menu and then click on Options option.
- From the opened box from the left pane click on Integration and from the right pane under IE Integration section click on Uninstall IE Extension for BitComet button.
- Click on Yes button on User Account Control confirmation box and finally click on Okbutton on the box displaying successful completion information.