Posted in Software
StarWind is an application which is used in many medium to large scale organizations to virtualize physical hardware and storage media devices. Since this application is mostly used for networking purposes it is fully compatible with all types of Microsoft based Network and Client Operating Systems. Scenarios in which SCSI devices are required StarWind is used to create virtual iSCSI disks to reduce hardware expenses and eliminate the requirements of physical storage area. This application is also useful for the people who are in learning phase of their professional networking courses and cannot afford expensive hardware devices to practice. Below are few pros and cons of the application which will help you in making appropriate decision if you are looking for some kind of virtualization application.
- StarWind is small in size and therefore can easily be downloaded from the Internet and that too within no time.
- It can be used for both students and IT professionals because of the versatility and flexibility in its nature.
- Remarkably reduces hardware costs by virtualizing almost all storage devices.
- Evaluation version is available so that the professionals and students can download and get the feel of the ambiance of the application.
- Physical storage media devices need to have decent amount of space to store a virtual disks created using StarWind.
- Interface can be kind of complicated for novice users.
Download Link: http://www.starwindsoftware.com/download-free-trial