Posted in Software
One of the best compression tools named WinRAR can also be used to contain several files and folders if users want to send them as an attachment via e-mail. Another benefit of using the application is that you can split a large file into several parts and can then burn them on any writable media. The merging process is always automatic in this case and when any part is extracted the entire file is joined together keeping the file intact. WinRAR can be downloaded from any free downloading site and is easy to install. The interface is quite user friendly and therefore almost any user can use it at ease. Although there are several compression tools available on the Internet WinRAR is comparatively more efficient because of the reasons listed below as pros and cons.
- Opens almost every compression format.
- Automatically gets associated with the compatible file formats.
- Can read an extract .ISO files.
- While compressing users can define passwords to the compressed files to make them even securer.
- Compresses files size up to 80% depending on the type of files.
- Users can specify the size of each part while splitting a large file into several small segments.
- Although the application is available with evaluation version it continues working even when the trial version expires. However it keeps on prompting the user to purchase the licensed copy.
- While joining the fragmented parts of a file even if a single fragment is lost the entire file gets corrupted and cannot be joined and/or extracted.
Download Link: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm